Yoga+Meditation "Rounding" Workshop with Vedic Meditation Masters James Brown & Kristin Vandivier - March 2018 More details coming soon!
All Levels, Alignment-Focused, Vinyasa Flow Classes in the East Bay Area at You & the Mat, Oakland! Check the schedule here.
Liz is also available for private sessions and corporate classes. Click here to contact.
Liz Brent began practicing Yoga at the age of 10 when her parents gave her a book called "Yoga for Children" for Christmas. Since then, she has devoted herself to a consistent home practice.
As a young adult, her study of Yoga was intertwined with many forms of dance and sports, especially while working towards her BFA in Dance from the University of Colorado at Boulder, and while living in Japan after college.
Liz moved to San Francisco in 2009 and began taking weekly Yoga classes more regularly. The encouragement of her Yoga mentors, and several life changes, inspired her to share her love of movement and physical discipline through teaching. In 2015 she received her 200 hour certification through the Yoga Mayu Teacher Training program. She has been teaching private clients and weekly studio classes ever since.
For Liz, Yoga is the exploration of the whole self and the challenging, fun, and unexpected places that exploration can take us.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
Fall 2013 - Vedic Meditation Course with James Brown - Vedic Path Meditation, San Francisco
Notable Teaching Experience:
- Spring 2018: All Levels Vinyasa Flow Weekly Classes - You & The Mat, Oakland
- Fall 2017 - Spring 2018: Workshops on Vedic Rounding, Hip Anatomy and Alignment
- Fall 2016 - Summer 2017: All Levels Vinyasa Flow Weekly Classes & Private Clients - Bliss Fitness, Oakland
- Spring 2016 - Spring 2017: All Levels Vinayasa Flow Weekly Classes - Yoga Mayu, San Francisco
- Fall 2015 - Fall 2016: Private Clients twice a week