2016 - 2018
New Door Ventures - Education Program for Young Adults founded in 2015 - Education Specialist
- Teaches students strategies for goal-setting, motivation, positivity, and life habits for success resulting in maintaining 80% high school equivalency test passing rate by students, compared to national average of 60% test passing rate.
- Warmly receives and enthusiastically works with 50+ at-risk young adults from a variety of racial, ethnic, socioeconomic, educational, religious, sexual, gender, and generational backgrounds, as well as volunteers, student interns, board members, and donors who support the program.
- Develops with the Education Team a 4-month cycle of social-emotional curriculum incorporating Critical Thinking in Social Action, Wellness, Future Planning, and Multiple Intelligences, as well as Language Arts, Visual Arts, Math, and Science, resulting in higher rates of student engagement and success.
- Organizes the small classroom layout, student files, test prep plans, payments, stipends for students, and supplies to create a welcoming and structured environment to make it easier for students to attend.
- Coordinates with staff on every level to achieve program growth from 20 students to 30 students in one year, resulting in streamlined intake systems and education reconnection for at-risk students.
- Maintains digital archive of records and program development documentation resulting in preparation for publication of a program manual.
- Supports extracurricular workshops and events with staff, especially on overlap with Marketing and Development Teams, to promote resources for young adults.
- 2017: Volunteered and coordinated with staff and youth interns to replant the front door planters to beautify the building and better welcome visitors.
- 2015: Substitute Teacher and Volunteer Tutor
Rhythm & Motion - Dance Instructor / Substitute Teacher
- Completed one month training program in R&M teaching style.
- Lesson planning and choreography for R&M classes.
- Built on background and training as professional dancer in Modern/Contemporary, Bollywood, Hip Hop, West African, Afro-Cuban, Ballet, Jazz, and Musical Theater styles.
ODC (Oberlin Dance Collective) School - Youth & Teen Program Assistant Registrar & Teen Dance Company Manager
- Acted as liaison between parents, students, staff, and teachers.
- Coordinated attendance and event project tracking.
- Registrar on the phone and on-site for youth dance classes and auditions, cordially welcoming new and returning families.
2011 - 2013
JET Programme - Assistant English Teacher, Nantan High School, Kamoka, Kyoto, Japan
- Collaborated with Japanese English Teachers and Staff for classroom co-teaching,
student activities, and conversation-based language lesson planning.
- Coordinated with part-time Assistant English Teachers.
- Created and organized English Club and bulletin board in English for students.
- Participated in school Tea Ceremony Club.
- Participated in community classes in Japanese Calligraphy
Studied and Performed with local groups in:
- Wadaiko (Taiko) with Ni No Kuni Drumming Group
- Fusion Hip Hop with B-Tribe Street Dance School
- Modern Dance Choreography with Heidi Durning and Monochrome Circus